Thursday 3 July 2014

Steam Punk Birdz By Dee Adams


Hi Everyone! Dee here again I hope you are all enjoying my creations.
Today I have another piece using Neil Walker's  birdz plate.



Around the left hand side and along the bottom put grunge paste 
through the clocks stencil. On the top right hand side
 put grunge paste randomly through a star stencil. Once dry paint the 
whole board with honey dew Fresco Finish paints



Once dry paint with fresco finish paints in the following colours:- haystack, pumpkin soup, 
south pacific & inky pool.


Smoked paprika and dry claret was then dry brushed on to the grey board.
Or you can apply this with your finger. Again dry and then 
apply treasure gold to the grunged clocks and stars.


On a separate piece of gray board I cut out a circle so that the clock from the
 time and keys plate stamped perfectly on to it. Or use the chipboard shapes
 that go with the stamps but cut of the top to make a circle. 
I then painted this with honey dew and once dry I stamped the clock face 
onto it and watered down haystack paint and gently darken the centre.
I coloured a separate piece of board with peeled paint distress ink 
and then stamped the smaller clock face onto it and cut it out. 
I then rolled them on an embossing pad, gold embossing powder
was then applied round and heat set. The centre was filled with
 crackle accents and three very small cogs were dropped into it while still wet.



I stamped the Neil Walker Birdz x 2 onto mop up card and cut out. I then gently
 applied vintage photo distress ink to the clock face to highlight the cracks. I  assembled
 the clocks and birdz using a Tim Holt's metal wing, then a cog was 
placed at the bottom. I placed four brads to the 
top left hand side. 


I mounted it all onto black card and used scrabble letters. Thank you for taking
 the time to read my piece and I hope that It inspires you in some way. 
Please feel free to leave your comments.

15 comments:

Kathi said...

This is fabulous!

Thanks so much for sharing how you created this wonderful piece.

Pinning!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

This is such a beautiful piece, loaded with details!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Awesome steampunk card,Dee!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome.Love the steampunk Card!!

Helen said...

Fabulous work, Dee. Love the colours

Sid said...

Loving your clock it looks brilliant. The whole piece is fab !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant piece Dee, love how you used that bird stamp, so effective! Great background too and the clock look fantastic with that crackle!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Dee!!! I love the crackled clock face, the textured background and the bird is phenomenal. Thanks for the inspiration.

itsazoo said...

Wonderful......

mamablitger said...

Just amazing. LOVE your work. Admire the clocks. What a lot of details you added to achieve the vintage look. It's perfect !!! Gosh you're so talented ! Thank you for a very detailed tutorial.
Hugs from SPAIN

massofhair said...

STUNNING colours on your Steampunk card, love all the dimension and layering :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!!

Unknown said...

Oh my Goodness, this is gorgeous... all that texture, the colours...feast for eyes! :) Ingrid x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - that's so cool, Dee - such amazing textures and colours, and the gilding is delicious.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

A fantastic piece Dee, the background is absolutely gorgeous, & I love the wing on the bird!
Alison xxx