Friday 10 July 2015

Make me live tag by Debs

Hi All

I had a bit of fun with sprays and stencils on this tag.


I started with a large craft tag and covered it with gesso

Then out came the ink sprays, I used Dylusions and Distress ink sprays and stencils.  I started by putting a layer of just ink down, waited for that to dry off and then sprayed more ink through stencils until I was happy with the background.  Whilst I waited for it all to dry I stamped one of the Gibson girls onto plain white card with brown archival and coloured her in with distress markers.





Once the ink was dry, I then stamped the swirly stamp from the Decay Journaling stamp set in Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean, after these were dry i also did a couple in Archival black.  The words were stamped as a block onto white card with Archival and then cut out the words that I wanted.  I used grunge paste with the swirls and splodges stencil, one of the nice things about grunge paste is its ability to soak up the ink that is underneath it, meaning in. This instance I didn't need to colour it.  I made a large paper flower with a die, some book pages and stuck a wooden bead in the middle.  Then re-arranged the words and stuck them down.

Hope you are all enjoying this months challenge.  See you all soon

Debs

Products used

Artistic stamper Masks


5 comments:

Jane said...

What gorgeous blues you made...great tag x

Sid said...

Great tag !

Gemma Hynes said...

lovely tag Debs

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi Debs I love the vibrant blue and the build up of the background, The Gibson girl and flower just finish it off perfectly. x

mamablitger said...

Debs you created a fantadtic tag. Gosh I love the colors and all your background work. The way you added the Gibson girl Nd the pretty flower just make it all fabulous.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs from Monica... Spain