Wednesday 29 July 2015

Small Journal by Gemma


Hi All

So the summer holiday is here and I like to have a little art journal, that I can just toss in my bag when I am out and about.

 I have some 12x12 grunge board that sits around waiting for projects like this as it can take a little rough treatment and that's what happens to anything sitting in the bottom of my bag.


I covered the board with Gesso and left it to completely dry, Then using a brayer I added Phthola Turquoise Acrylic and Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise, I love the fact that because its on the grunge board you get a bitty texture with lots of the Gesso showing through. Using the same colours I stamped over the top with the Grid and Dots background stamps.


On card I stamped the clock,key and dancer. The clock and key were stamped on card painted black and covered with gilding flakes. The dancer was just stamped in black ink. I used the words mask to add the word Art to the corner with texture paste.


Once they were dry I added the swirls using Phthola Turquoise. After deciding I did not like the word white, I painted it black and added a little gilding flake. I finished off by adding some circles using a white pen and a little doodling with a black pen. I then stitched in the pages and added a ribbon to close.

And of course I couldn't waste the left over paper so I made this note pad.



Here I have just added more words from the same mask with black paint, and stamped the Decay swirl,

Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

2 comments:

sarascloset said...

What a great art journal! I've not heard of 12 x 12 grunge board before, and seems like I need to check into this! I love your colors! Hugs!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

I love the way you have built up your background with your colours and you have got to love those decay journalling stamps. x