Monday 16 May 2016

Bird Canvas by Gemma


Hello Everyone


This canvas roughly measures 5 x 6.5 inches. The background for this canvas changed a lot while I was working on it. I started off by tearing two pieces of patterned paper and gluing them to the canvas with a gel medium, over that I scraped some crackle paste and paint. I was fairly unhappy with the results and ended up going over the top with gesso, but some of the texture can still be seen underneath.


On the bottom third of the canvas I stuck bits of washi tape, and as the gesso was still wet I blended in blue acrylic. I then watered down some Teresa Green Fresco Finish paints and wiped it over the washi tape. I dried off those layers and then stamped over the blue paint with a slightly darker shade of blue and the honeycomb stamp. I stamped over the washi tape with a darker shade of green and the petal stamp.


On a sheet of white card I stamped out two birds and nine circles using black archival ink. I painted them using Tangerine Twist, Banana, Tango and Cherry Red Fresco Finish paints. I stamped over the top of the circle with the petal stamp using the same colour paints.


I then cut them out and using gel medium I glued the bird in place and the circles layering them up largest to smallest.


 I brushed some ground espresso distress ink around the edges, and then using a black pen I drew in the stems of the flowers. I edged everything with the same black pen and drew in few leaves on the stems.




There is still plenty of time to join in this months challenge both on the blog and on the facebook page here

Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is fabulous I love it Debbs xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful canvas Gemma, I love that bird a lot, lovely colors on him.