Sharing a fun and messy tag today that I made with a piece of black card cut to shape, lots of black and white paint and a mixture of stamps and masks.
There is still plenty of time to check out this month challenge here on the blog andFacebookbook for a chance to win.
Step by Step
- Drag black and white acrylic paint over a sheet of cardstock using an old store card or palette knife. Make sure to overlap the black and white paint in areas to mix different shades of gray.
- Before it completely dries (here is the messy part) take some different stamps and/or masks and randomly stamp over the top. You want this to be fairly busy as it will be ripped into small sections.
- Cut a tag measuring 9 x 21 cm from black cardstock, also cut some of the painted cardstock down to the rough size and shape needed to fit the tag.
- Stamp two of Neil Walkers Mini Hearts and the word imagine from the framed words set onto white card and cut then out.
- Stamp onto the tag with white ink and a calligraphy mat, edge the tag with the same ink and scrape some black paint over the top through a mask for added interest.
- Rip around all the edges of the painted pieces of card and lay them onto of the tag. Change the sizes until you are pleased and add more black or white paint in places to make your layers stand out from each other.
- Glue everything into place adding the hearts and text last.
Thanks for reading